In my latest podcast episode, I talked with Cian McLoughlin, Founder and CEO of Trinity Perspectives. Cian is also the author of a new book called: Rebirth of the Salesman: The World of Sales is Evolving. Are You?
We discussed the changes that have eclipsed sales during the past 10 years and why salespeople need to be thinking about how to adapt their approach. We talked about the following:
- The driving force requiring salespeople to rebirth themselves.
- Why storytelling has become the #1 skill to master in sales and business today.
- How buyers really make their buying decisions. It might not be what you think.
- The role of emotional intelligence in the selling process and the ability to be situationally aware of what is going on around you.
- The greatest sales challenges facing businesses and how they can be overcome.
- Why you need to "know they prospect".
- Who will be the ultimate winner in the battle between salesperson and sales automation (and other tech tools in the stack).
- The ways in which Win/Loss Analysis can redefine your sales and business success
- The "so what card" and why you should use it in preparing every sales presentation you give.
He hails from Dublin, Ireland, originally, but spent much of the past 18 years in Sydney, Australia. With a sales career spanning almost 20 years, including senior management roles in a number of the world's largest software companies, Cian is the found and CEO of Trinity Perspectives. A boutique sales training and consultancy firm, Trinity is committed to helping businesses unlock the latent potential of their customer insights.
Cian has worked with and advised sales professionals from Brisbane to Bangkok, Christcurch to Cape Town and everywhere in between.
Author of the Amazon #1 bestseller Rebirth of a Salesman, and co-author of Secrets for Business Success, Cian is a regular sales and marketing commentator in the mainstream media. His blog was voted one of the Top 50 Sales Blogs in the world for the second year running by Top Sales World, and he is also a regular columnist with Smallville.com.au and the soon to be released MOB Magazine.
With ASX and Fortune 500 clients across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region, Cian is a passionate proponent of an ethical, honest and authentic approach to sales.