I sat down to talk with Plutora's
, Head of Marketing, Eric Mitchell to get his thoughts on the world of marketing today and in the future. Since sales and marketing go hand in hand, I got Eric's perspective on how the two camps need to align around a core objective - driving revenue.
During the conversation, we talked about:
- Advice for anyone getting into marketing today.
- Trends in marketing like email/marketing automation platforms.
- What today's social media landscape looks like and how that applies to sales.
- Sales and marketing alignment the effect that alignment (or non alignment) impacts customer experience.
- Tools still useful in sales... like the telephone.
- The real scoop on social media vanity metrics and if they really matter when it comes to driving revenue.
- 2016 marketing and sales predictions.
Based in the Bay Area, Eric is a passionate, digitally experienced leader who knows the SaaS community inside and out. The creator of the popular Social Hangout, Eric and his guests tackled the issues related to sales, social media, digital marketing, media, public relations and more. A straight shooter with boots on the ground experience has earned him the respect of a well known start-ups and companies throughout the Silicon Valley.